Sunday, May 6, 2012

Go Ahead

The world is full of heads
Big heads, small heads
Black heads and white heads
And all together they bounce and twirl
And some wear crowns and some wear hats
And some wear hair and others are bare.
A certain kind of head shifts from side to side
Some speak true on their greasy pivots
And others are blue shaking in stiffened jots.
If in a syncopated rhythmic bop
I see your head give a merry stop
I will put a smile on mine and head for thine
And place on the bottom of yours a kiss
And watch your head grow into a balloon of bliss
And we’ll turn and face the northern wind
And walk along the reddening bed
Of sky forlorn for every fellow dead
Who in centuries past did lose his head
For bashing his hard against the guard
Of a mighty head over how much bread
I’m glad my head lives now instead
It’s heavy to my neck for all the miles I’ve tread
And soon it’ll plop sideways in time for bed
Hopefully in the morning I’ll still have my head
If you’ve got yours now then good for you
If you know where this is going then go ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment